This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Offered in Midland, Michigan
Adult Degree Program
- Alpena, Michigan
- Bay City, Michigan
- Flint, Michigan
- Gaylord, Michigan*
- Grand Rapids, Michigan*
- Lansing, Michigan*
- Livonia, Michigan*
- Macomb, Michigan*
- Midland, Michigan
- Saginaw, Michigan
- Selfridge, Michigan (Military)*
- Troy, Michigan
- Ford Kentucky Truck Plant*
- Ford Louisville Assembly Plant*
- Louisville, Kentucky*
- Toyota, Kentucky*
- Cedar Hill, Texas
- Fort Worth, Texas (Military)*
- Cerritos, California*
- New Orleans, Louisiana*
*Some or all major coursework is only available online
At Northwood, we understand the importance of developing strong accountants who can crunch numbers and also serve as valuable business advisors who know the ins and outs of a company’s financials.
We will teach you all about profit maximization, cost-cutting initiatives and financial analysis. You will quickly learn that by managing a company’s financials, you are managing its future. Accounting is the language of business, and we’ll make sure you speak it fluently.
Northwood Accounting degree program students get a head start over students at most other colleges and universities because Northwood students begin Accounting courses during the first semester of study. Another major advantage of Northwood’s Accounting program is the integration of management courses in the overall accountancy curriculum. The combination of the Accounting and Management curriculums are so closely integrated that the course of study culminates in a Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
A Degree That Works
Graduates of Northwood’s Accounting program can be found in leadership positions at local, regional, national and international firms (you should be seeing a pattern here). Recent graduates have accepted jobs at leading corporations, including:
- Andrews Hooper Pavlik PLC
- Plante & Moran, PLLC
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- The Dow Chemical Company
- The Rehmann Group
- Titan International
- Walt Disney World
- Yeo & Yeo
Education in Action
- Start your major on day one.
- Offered as a Four Year BBA/MBA option for those who qualify.
- Integrates management courses.
- Opportunity to become student members of professional associations that will keep you ahead of the game:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Management Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
Have you ever seen a slew of acronyms following a person's signature and thought, “Who are they, and how can I be like them?” A degree in Accounting from Northwood will position you to add an alphabet’s worth of letters to your credentials, such as:
- Certified Financial Manager (CFM)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Every state has different requirements for students seeking to sit for the CPA examination. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure they are meeting the requirements for the CPA. Students are strongly encouraged to research the requirements within the state they will be testing. To locate a state board of accountancy, please visit http://nasba.org/stateboards/.